Performance and user experience
We all know Facebook and its mobile apps for Android and iOS. Although Facebook Lite is compatible only with Android, it shares most of the classic features of FB, small in size, works with 2G, and helps you to stay in touch with friends. It became very easy to share your photos right from your Android camera or make a secret photo album. The app is also good for developing countries where data connectivity and Wi-Fi are sometimes bad.
The app interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate. On the top of the screen you will see familiar icons like the search bar, Notifications, Messages, News Feed and Friends Requests. The Status has been moved to the top of the screen, too. Text and buttons are bigger which is good for low-resolution devices. It also shows only low-res images of someone who liked your photos. When you scroll down the News Feed you will notice some cuts in order to function on any Android devices. As for security matters, regular Facebook has more settings, but Lite version also fits privacy demands.
Note that FB Lite has built-in messenger which is more convenient. The interface of both FB app and FB Lite are user-friendly, but the regular version is more attractive and shows date and time of your message. Both versions support FB stickers. However, Lite has a limited choice of emoji. My mark is 4.5/5.
Let’s have a look at the app key features:
- Stripped down version of regular FB;
- Communicate with your friends, colleagues and loved ones even if the data connection is poor;
- Small app size, less space, and processing power required;
- Support of 2G;
- Watch all the latest news of your groups and communities;
- Integrated messenger;
- Update your status, photos, and location;
- Like, share and comment on your friends’ posts;
- Search for information on various companies; see their reviews, operation hours and events;
- Tagable friends;
- Privacy settings;
- Send reactions and react to comments;
- Find your friends using GPS which can show your friends’ location. It’s also possible to avoid meetings with people you don’t want to see;
- Various settings to personalize your profile.
Note that if you need instant messaging, you should install a separate app, Facebook Messenger. The Google Play app is got within a minute and you’ll be able to send and receive messages and well as send photos and videos personally. Video calling is also available. The score of the features is 4 out of 5.
Performance and User Experience
Unlike the Facebook app, users of Facebook Lite seem to be more pleased and point at fewer bugs of the latest version. It’s easier to be accessed and consumes less space. People can communicate with each other without installing additional messenger. However, they ask to bring back the previous video viewer, correct errors with status and images, and resolve problems with account login and message notifications. 4.5/5.
If you have something to say about this app and make own review – write me.
Facebook Lite app is compatible with Android only. My mark is 3/5.
- Download for free via Google Play;
- Much less space: up to 3 MB in comparison with more than 100 MB for regular Facebook;
- Low resolutions versions of photos which save space on your device;
- Built-in messenger and stickers and emoji;
- Best option in case of poor data connection.
- Exclusively for Android. It can be downloaded only on Google Play;
- The app does not preload photos;
- You cannot check in at your favorite places;
Facebook Lite app is a great tool to communicate with your friends and save space on the phone at the same time. Moreover, Lite version is definitely faster.