Performance and user experience
Facebook is the most popular social network used by millions of users worldwide. To become more mobile, the company launched its Android and iOS app so you can stay connected with your friends and loved ones anytime. All you need is a device with a Wi-Fi connection.
The app interface is quite simple and user-friendly. In many ways, it is similar to the full website version with blue design and has been translated into many languages, so consumers won’t be confused while using it. On the right side of the top of the screen, you will find a detailed navigation menu which includes News Feed, Friends list, Applications, Games, Places, Friends nearby, etc. You can also read Notifications by clicking a button in the form of a bell. When you open the app, it starts with your News Feed where you can like, share and comment posts and updates. My mark is 4.5/5.
Let’s have a look at the app key features:
- Connect with your friends, colleagues and loved ones from your mobile device;
- Watch all the latest news of your favourite celebrities, gr
oups, and communities;
- Search for social events, and arrange meetings with your friends;
- Update your status, photos, and location;
- Share your videos and photos with the whole world;
- Like, share and comment on your friends’ posts;
- Search for information on various companies; see their reviews, operation hours and events;
- Buy and sell products and services via Marketplace app;
- Enjoy Stories, the app’s new feature;
- Privacy settings;
- Taggable friends;
- Creation of a collage of your pictures on the News Feed;
- Find your friends using GPS which can show your friends’ location. It’s also possible to avoid meetings with people you don’t want to see;
- Various settings to personalize your profile.
Note that if you need instant messaging, you should install a separate app, Facebook Messenger. The Google Play app is got within a minute and you’ll be able to send and receive messages as well as send photos and videos personally. Video calling is also available. My mark is 4.5/5.
Performance and User Experience
Despite faster performance and quicker access, some users complain about its latest version. They mention slow work, forced updates and annoying notifications like “People you may know”. Some options, like adding a job or family do not work. The app also asks to upload a user’s picture to verify his or her ID which seems very frustrating to many people. On the other hand, Facebook users are pleased with the new features like Stories, security alarm, and icons appearance. My mark is 4/5.
If you have something to say about this app and make own review – write me.
Facebook app is compatible with the most modern devices including Android, iPhone, iPod, IPad (requires iOS 8.0 or later), Nokia or Blackberry. My mark is 5/5.
- Install for free via iTunes or Google Play;
- The app contains nearly all the features a user can find on the website;
- Appealing design;
- Live videos (Stories);
- Ads management.
- For sending messages, and additional app Facebook Messenger should be installed;
- Videos may be interrupted by ads;
- You cannot store gif pictures and video;
- You cannot get music and make music lists.
Facebook app is the best tool to connect with your friends anytime you like and watch their updates and live stream videos. It has various customizable options for any user’s needs. It’s being constantly updated and keeps getting better.