VMware Horizon Client
- Update date: 2 years ago
- Size: Varies with device
- Author: VMware, Inc.Size
- Package name: com.vmware.view.client.android
In a changing world where technology is moving fast, company operations cannot be confined to limited spaces or locations, VMware gives you access to desktop virtualization tools and provides IT, managers, great options to manage remote access and client privileges in a safe and secure way.
With VMware Horizon, the increased complexity of managing users is completely reduced and also made cheaper.
A VMware desktop client for the host server is required to be installed before you can access this application on your mobile device. Your company’s IT manager will provide you with login credentials to access the virtual desktop.
With VMware Horizon Client:
- You can enjoy Blast Extreme with Horizon 7, which makes the remote experience seamless and reduces power consumption on your device.
- You won’t need a start menu or a taskbar. With Unity Touch, you can access, open or close all your applications, switch between apps, or even set your favorites.
- With AirPlay, you can use your device screen as a keyboard or a trackpad while VMware connects your device to an external monitor.
- You’ll get advanced security features such as RSA secured tokens, Face ID, Touch ID, and passcodes.
The app does not recognize some local keyboard keys and certain combinations, which is a big letdown. Accessing Touch ID on this app also poses a problem which might be due to a recent update. The app also keeps dimming the screen when you stay inactive for a while and then times you out. The trackpad occasionally freezes, although this bug was fixed with version 4.7.3. Compatibility with Face ID for iPhone X is an excellent addition to the app.
The app runs on iOS 9.0 and Android 4.0 or later.
Send us your App
Drop us a line, send us your app. We’ll help you take your marketing efforts to the next level.Learn more